“This is an opportunity for WNCC to proudly recognize the breadth of artistic talent in our communities and to support the arts as well as the artists.”
-- Judy Amoo, Dean of Economic and Community Development
Come visit the Western Nebraska Community College Art Gallery in the John N. Harms Advanced Technology Center located in Scottsbluff. Our gallery features original artwork produced by WNCC alumni and artists from the Nebraska panhandle.
Our 2015 exhibit features 53 artists and approximately 160 works of art. The public cast ballots for the People’s Choice Award. Last year, the top honor went to Yelena Khanevskaya of Scottsbluff with her piece titled “Universe Unfolding.” Letisha Smith of Morrill received Honorable Mention for her acrylic "Enchantment." The 2015 People's Choice Awards will be announced soon.
In addition to the People's Choice Awards, we added a Youth Art Contest to art show this year and invited area youth grades preschool through high school to create a drawing of what it means to "Grow Your Future."
The 2015 Coloring and Youth Art Contest winners are:
- Best in Show: Youth Division, Whitney Riesen, "Garden of Colors"
- Honorable Mention: Most Creative Response to the Theme, William Raney, "Youthful Fears"
- Most Visually Striking, Hannah Balandran, "Deep Blue"
- Best Young Artist, Henry Dueker (a kindergartener), "Grow Good Principals"
Most artwork remains on display throughout the year, or as arranged.
*This event is held in conjunction each fall with Celebrate WNCC and the Scottsbluff/Gering United Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours.
Calling All Western Nebraska Artists!
Are you an artist who would like to submit artwork for the fifth Annual Art Gallery Exhibit?
- All panhandle artists and WNCC alumni may submit original artwork. The WNCC Alumni Association defines an alum as anyone who has ever taken a class at WNCC.
- There is no entry fee for this non-juried show.
- Artists may submit their work between September 1 and 15 each year
- All artists are required to complete and submit the Artist Information & Release Form.
- Please contact Judy Amoo at 308.635.6702 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.