Statement of Purposes
Primary Educational Purposes
- To provide Associate degree, diploma, and certificate education for initial employment and for advancement in employment.
- To provide Associate degree-level education to enable students to transfer successfully to baccalaureate institutions with little or no loss of credit.
- To provide all students with general education appropriate to the degree sought.
- To provide students deficient in skill 12 WNCC Catalog 2007-2009 areas instruction that will prepare them for college-level work.
- To provide educational opportunities that enhance the students ability to achieve success in college-level work (tutoring, college success seminar, etc.).
- To assess and respond to specific educational program needs in our geographical region.
Supplemental Educational Purposes
- To facilitate and foster an attitude of lifelong learning in students and to provide the means for them to achieve their goals.
- To provide current continuing education and skills training, retraining and upgrading for area business and industry professionals.
- To provide non-credit general interest courses to the community for vocational and recreational purposes.
- To provide current continuing education for professionals (certification, licensing, CEUs, etc.).
- To provide for area citizens specialized educational programs/activities designed to improve their quality of life.
- To provide educational/career assessment and exploration for students, including necessary life skills, job placement and transfer placement assistance and hands-on/ work related experiences for those who can benefit.
- To provide adult basic educational opportunities, including General Education Development (GED) and English as Second Language (ESL) programs, to all persons in the community.
- To serve as a resource center for the community and contribute to the infrastructure that is necessary for community development and problem solving.
- To provide students and the community with information access skills.
- To provide quality information to the community regarding higher education programs and opportunities.
- To articulate and form partnerships with other programs and institutions, as well as with business and industry, in order to maximize educational opportunities for students.
- To provide opportunities for students, staff , faculty and the community for personal growth and development.
- To complete applied research projects that improves instruction, develop new programs, improve institutional quality and assess student/customer satisfaction.