Transferring Credit To WNCC


A person may be admitted to advanced standing at WNCC by presenting an official transcript of his/her entire college record. The student requesting the transfer of credit must furnish the Student Services office with an official transcript of grades sent directly from that college. Only courses that are similar in content will be applied toward a WNCC degree, diploma or certificate.

Please have your official transcripts sent to:

Registrar’s Office
Western Nebraska Community College
1601 E. 27th St
Scottsbluff, NE 69361

Non-traditional course work (CLEP, Portfolio, etc.) must be documented and will be subject to review by the office of the Registrar and the appropriate division. Transcripts from non-accredited institutions are subject to division approval.

All courses, credits, and grades from a regionally accredited institution will be transferred to WNCC. The College will determine which courses are applicable to the student's program and the grades from those courses will be included in computing graduation G.P.A.

Beginning July 2013, transfer credit will no longer be granted for transcripts sent from StraighterLine online courses.  

The following services are provided to help you to see where you stand academically and to help you meet your educational goals: