Alumni & Friends
WELCOME ALUMNI & FRIENDS
Sign-up to be part of the WNCC Alumni & Friends
WNCC Alumni & Friends membership is FREE and open to everyone who has taken a class at Western Nebraska Community College* or considers themselves a friend of the College. You are a member of the WNCC Alumni community and we enjoy hearing from you, simply update your contact information HERE.
Upcoming alumni events ...
- Nominate your friends, family or a local business for a 2016 WNCC Alumni Award
- Register today for the 3rd Annual Alumni & Friends Banquet on Friday, October 21st at the Gering Civic Center
- Check out our full list of WNCC Homecoming events here
- We have several upcoming reunions, check out the 90th Anniversary page see more information
Membership allows you to…
- Show your support for the College – and its current and future students
- Become part of a network of people who value the educational opportunities offered at WNCC
- Stay in touch with College activities, events, issues and alumni news through the WNCC Alumni e-newsletter sent directly to your inbox quarterly
- Participate in cultural, athletic and social events for WNCC alumni and friends
- Be as involved as your time, talent and geographic location allow. Email email@example.com to learn about more opportunities.
- Like Western Nebraska Community College and WNCC Alumni Association on Facebook™ to receive updates on the latest news, events and happenings at WNCC!
- Add Western Nebraska Community College to your LinkedIn™ profile to network and reconnect with WNCC alumni, students, faculty and staff.
Who is an Alumnus?
Have you ever attended Western Nebraska Community College, maybe for one year or just one class? If so, you are an Alumnus!
* Were you a student at Scottsbluff Junior College, Scottsbluff College, Nebraska Western College, the Alliance School of Practical Nursing, Western Nebraska Vocational Technical School, or Western Nebraska Technical College? If so, you are part of the Western Nebraska Community College and are an Alumnus!
How can I become a WNCC Friend?
Volunteer your time or make a donation to the Western Nebraska Community College Foundation. Many students have benefitted from the support that the Foundation has provided to WNCC since 1971. The Foundation helps with program and facility needs and annually provides approximately 260 scholarships to WNCC students. You can help to ensure that the next generation of students at Western Nebraska Community. College is able to receive a quality education by supporting the Foundation. Contact us or visit the Foundation website to make a donation. Thank you!
If you haven’t been to the campus for a few years, there have been lots of changes. We would love to show you around! If you would like to visit the campus, let us know. We can arrange for a guided tour.
WNCC Alumni Relations Director
Western Nebraska Community College
2620 College Park, Room A109
Scottsbluff, Nebraska 69361
1966 Western Nebraska Community College Alumnus Larry Calfee hands graduates WNCC Alumni pins at the 2016 WNCC commencement.
The Mission of the WNCC Alumni Association:
To provide opportunities for alumni and friends of WNCC to build lifelong relationships and support the College mission.
The Purpose of the Organization is to:
- Keep alumni connected and involved in the College and its future
- Enhance current students’ educational and community opportunities
- Help promote the College to alumni, students and the community
The Goals of the Organization are to:
- Promote participation in activities
- Recognize distinguished alumni
- Document the institutional history
- Publish a quarterly newsletter and provide access to WNCC calendar of events and activity schedules
- Increase awareness of WNCC opportunities available to alumni and friends
Your free membership in the WNCC Alumni Association welcomes you to a diverse community, united in a commitment to the future of the College.
Where are they now?
Bobby Jackson played 13 seasons in the NBA, retiring in 2009. He is currently an assistant coach for the Sacramento Kings.