CollegeNOW! provides a great opportunity for high school students to get an early start on their college studies. This program for junior and senior students in high school enables them to earn college credits while still in high school.
- Classes may be taken during fall, spring, or summer sessions
- Variety of instructional delivery methods, some even in the
- Completed courses may earn students both high school and college credit
- CollegeNOW! classes appear on a college transcript
- Reduced tuition costs for students in the WNCC service area
- Decreased college debt
- Less time to degree completion
- Credits transfer and apply toward appropriate college degree
- Early college-level exposure and exploration
- Instructors are approved and meet all college standards
- Increased confidence and competence
- Earned industry credentials in addition to credit
Types of CollegeNOW! Courses
- Lower Division Transfer – courses provide credit towards a bachelor’s degree
- Career Technical Education – courses within programs of study provide credit towards one of the associate’s degree programs such as early childhood education, health sciences, computer applications, automotive technology, automotive body work, or welding. Students can also earn industry certifications in addition to credit.
- CollegeNOW! courses are eligible for transfer to four-year institutions depending on the institution, but most regional and state colleges do accept WNCC transfer credit. Transfer acceptability is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Students! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to start your college or career started early. See your high school counselor.