Our Monthly Workshop
September - Join us to learn more about budgeting!
Say Y.E.S. to Your Educational Success!
Y.E.S. is a federally-funded TRIO Student Support Services program which offers free services to qualified college students at WNCC including:
- Free study skills seminars
- Supplemental Instruction
- Click here to watch a short informational video.
- Single Parent Support Group
- Campus visits to 4-year colleges
- Academic advising
- Learning styles and study skill assessments
- Cultural and social events
- Supplemental Grant Aid
Objectives are to increase:
- Academic success
- Transfer to pursue advanced degrees
- Social and cultural enrichment
A student may be eligible for the Y.E.S. Student Support Services Program if she or he:
- Is a legal resident of the United States.
- Has a need for academic support to successfully pursue a program leading to a postsecondary degree.
- Comes from a family who meets the income criteria as established by the Department of Education.
- Is a first generation student (neither parent has a four-year college degree.)
- Has a disability as defined by Section 504 of the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act)
Y.E.S. at WNCC serves 200 students each academic year. Students must fill out an application to determine eligibility for services.
Student Support Services Y.E.S. program is funded by the U.S. Department of Education at $320,320.
WNCC students must fill out a current year Y.E.S. program application to see if they qualify for services.
Applications can be obtained from any Y.E.S. staff member at WNCC. Our offices are located in the Williams Building on the Scottsbluff campus.
We also have outreach services to students at the Alliance and Sidney centers. Students may request assistance in filling out the form.
The application will be reviewed for completeness and eligibility. Incomplete applications may not be considered. Students will be notified of their admission to the program.